Photo credit: Sean Reel Photography
2021 Frederick News-Post – Best Estate Planning & General Law Firm Finalist
2020 Frederick News-Post – Best Attorney Finalist
Lena Clark, Frederick Estate Planning and Probate Attorney
Lena (pronounced LAY-na) Clark is an Estate Planning, Probate, and Elder Law attorney based in Frederick, Maryland.
Attorney Clark’s practice focuses on Wills, Trusts, Special Needs Law, Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration, Family Trust matters, and on related areas of federal and state tax laws involving Transfers of Family Wealth to succeeding generations, and planning for after-death disposition of property. She advises clients on Estate Planning documents and works closely with fiduciaries on Probate and Trust Administration matters.
Attorney Clark has over 18 years of experience in Trusts and Estates Law. Prior to starting her own solo practice in April of 2015, she worked at two large and two small law firms in Washington, DC, Bethesda and Frederick, MD serving clients all over DC Metro area.
In her free time Lena likes to spend time with her husband, Chris, their two-year-old, and with friends and family.
- Catholic University of America, Washington, DC, Juris Doctor
- George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, B.S.
- University of Virumaa, Estonia, B.A.
- District of Columbia
Memberships and Accolades
- 2022 FNP – Best Estate Planning Law Firm Finalist
- 2021 FNP – Best Estate Planning Law Firm Finalist
- 2021 FNP – Best General Law Firm Finalist
- 2022 SuperLawyers
- 2020 FNP – Best Attorney Finalist
- 2021 SuperLawyers
- Leadership Frederick County, Class of 2020
- Frederick Estate Planning Council
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- West Patrick Square, Vice President
- Frederick Health Hospital Development Council
- Community Foundation Board Member
- MSBA, Judicial Appointments Committee
- MSBA Leadership Academy Fellow, Class of 2016
- Frederick County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Photo Credit: Matt Sprague
Matthew Bendorf, Associate Attorney
Matthew is a recent graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law. During law school, he clerked for three Baltimore-area law firms, served on the school’s Law Review Journal, and spent a year with the Maryland State Bar Association’s Publications division providing substantive edits and revisions for legal textbooks.
Matthew gained a deep interest in Trusts and Estates Law during his first-year Property course, and has not looked back since. He deeply enjoys assisting families in times of need, and helping others prepare their estates for loved ones in the event of death or disability. During your Estate Planning or Probate matter, Matthew will be a primary resource who will help ensure that you maneuver through the process as smoothly as possible.
Matthew has lived in the Frederick area for over 21 years, and has a deep connection with the city/county. He spends his free time with his wife, Danielle, his family, and is an avid Baltimore Ravens fan.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A.
Photo Credit: Sean Reel Photography
Nicole Warner, Client Intake Manager
Nicole is the newest member of our team! She is the first person you speak with and the first person you see when you visit our office. With 15 years of experience at a local long-term care nursing facility, Nicole has dedicated her career to helping families in times of need. She enjoys applying her background in customer service to help families take the first step on their journey in planning for their and their loved one’s future.
Nicole loves to spend time with her husband, Todd, and her family, attends car shows in the area, plays in 2 billiards leagues, and is a lover of all animals. She is also a grandmother of six (one boy and five girls). In her free time, Nicole volunteers with a Pitbull rescue center near her home in Waynesboro, PA.
We are constantly looking to expand and grow our impact and ability to help families in the Frederick area and beyond.
- Prepare Inventories and Accountings
- Work directly with Clients to gather/request missing information
- Balance IOLTA account
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Act as a backup to Client Intake Manager and Law Clerk
- Manage client information and organize client files
Please follow the below instructions to be considered for a position:
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph describe your work experience and how technologically savvy you are (especially with Apple products). In the second paragraph, explain your ties to Frederick, and where you see yourself in 5 years. As a closing sentence, please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to admin at lenaclarklegal dot com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case*, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. (For example SMITH intake manager AWESOME).
*If we are not currently advertising a position, replace the position with “hire me”.