Photo credit: Liz Hough Photography
2021 Best of the Best – General Law Firm Finalist
2021 Best of the Best – Estate Planning Law Firm Finalist
Lena Clark, Frederick Estate Planning and Probate Attorney
Lena (pronounced LAY-na) Clark is an Estate Planning, Probate, and Elder Law attorney based in Frederick, Maryland.
Attorney Clark’s practice focuses on Wills, Trusts, Special Needs Law, Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration, Family Trust matters, and on related areas of federal and state tax laws involving Transfers of Family Wealth to succeeding generations, and planning for after-death disposition of property. She advises clients on Estate Planning documents and works closely with fiduciaries on Probate and Trust Administration matters.
Attorney Clark has over 18 years of experience in Trusts and Estates Law. Prior to starting her own solo practice in 2015, she worked at two large and two small law firms in Washington, DC, Bethesda and Frederick, MD serving clients all over DC Metro area.
In her free time Lena likes to spend time with her husband, Chris, their two-year-old, and with friends and family.
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, Washington, DC, Juris Doctor
- George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, B.S.
- University of Virumaa, Estonia, B.A.
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- Virginia Supreme Court
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Memberships and Accolades
- 2021 Best of the Best – Best Estate Planning Law Firm Finalist
- 2021 Best of the Best – Best General Law Firm Finalist
- 2022 SuperLawyers
- 2020 Best of the Best – Best Attorney Finalist
- 2021 SuperLawyers
- Leadership Frederick County, Class of 2020
- Frederick Estate Planning Council
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- West Patrick Square, Vice President
- Frederick Health Hospital Development Council
- Community Foundation Board Member
- MSBA, Judicial Appointments Committee
- MSBA Leadership Academy Fellow, Class of 2016
- Frederick County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Photo Credit: Matt Sprague
Matthew Bendorf, Law Clerk
Matthew is a recent graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law*. During law school, he clerked for three Baltimore-area law firms, served on the school’s Law Review Journal, and spent a year with the Maryland State Bar Association’s Publications division providing substantive edits and revisions for legal textbooks.
Matthew gained a deep interest in Trusts and Estates Law during his first-year Property course, and has not looked back since. He deeply enjoys assisting families in times of need, and helping others prepare their estates for loved ones in the event of death or disability. During your Estate Planning or Probate matter, Matthew will be a primary resource who will help ensure that you maneuver through the process as smoothly as possible.
Matthew has lived in the Frederick area for over 21 years, and has a deep connection with the city/county. He spends his free time with his wife, Danielle, his family, and is an avid Baltimore Ravens fan.
*Matthew is not a licensed attorney yet.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A.
Photo Credit: Matt Sprague
Allison DeVincent, Client Intake Manager (leaving mid July)
Allison comes from a background in restaurant management and hospitality. Her interest in estate planning and probate comes from the sudden loss of her adopted father shortly after graduating high school. Having dealt with unexpected loss and experiencing what a difference estate planning can make, she was inspired to help others with it as well. Additionally part-time, Allison is also in the process of completing an Associates Degree in Interpreting and Translating American Sign Language. She is aiming to further develop her legal knowledge and combine it with her ASL skills, in hopes to also be a resource to the deaf community for Estate Planning. In her spare time, Allison enjoys cooking, exploring downtown Frederick, and hiking with her dog, who is also being trained in sign language.
We are constantly looking to expand and grow our impact and ability to help families in the Frederick area and beyond.
Client Intake Manager
- Schedule consultations
- Explain our processes to Potential Clients
- Manage Clients and Potential Clients experiences
- Work directly with Clients to gather/request missing information
- Keep track of everything and everybody in the office
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Act as a backup to Client Intake Manager and Law Clerk
- Manage client information and organize client files
Please follow the below instructions to be considered for a position:
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph describe your work experience and how technologically savvy you are (especially with Apple products). In the second paragraph, explain your ties to Frederick, and where you see yourself in 5 years. As a closing sentence, please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to admin at lenaclarklegal dot com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case*, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. (For example SMITH intake manager AWESOME).
*If we are not currently advertising a position, replace the position with “hire me”.